When Founder Met Funder
We're excited to announce our 3rd annual When Founder Met Funder Program on September 9th-10th! Deadline to apply: August 20, 2021.
When Founder Met Funder creates access to new networks and breaks down traditional warm intro requirements for Black female founders. Thanks to the leadership of Domonique Fines, Megan Holston-Alexander, Julia Collins, & Judene Small, this event has successfully served 200+ founders with the help of 50+ VCs. Our program will be fully digital again--delivering access, guidance, and magic via the world wide web.
Bringing together promising Black female founders with VCs
Black women are the fastest-growing group of entrepreneurs in the US, yet they receive less than 1% of overall venture funding. Our program offers a unique opportunity for Black female founders to connect with investors and fellow founders in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Who Should Apply?
Black female & non-binary founders based in the U.S. with tech and tech-enabled companies.
What Can I Expect?
WFMF isn’t a high-pressure pitch competition, by design.
- Founders will have the opportunity to have small-group sessions with VCs and other women in a similar space who are directly invested in supporting them. We want you to bring your questions, fears, & full selves.
- Our aim is to create a forum where founders can garner guidance about their startups, access opportunities for future capital, and gain a network of women with the same goals.
2021 Agenda at a Glance
- Fireside Chat: Arlan Hamilton, Founder and Managing Partner, Backstage Capital and Julia Collins, Founder and CEO, Planet FWD
- WFMF Founder Spotlight: Khadijah Robinson, Founder of Nile and Head of Product, Shop Circulate and Megan Holston-Alexander, Cultural Leadership Fund Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Funder Breakouts: Kobie Fuller (Upfront Ventures), Charles Hudson (Precursor Ventures), Aileen Lee (Cowboy Ventures), Sarah Kunst (Cleo Capital), Mercedes Bent (Lightspeed Venture Partners)...and more
- Storytelling workshops
More to be announced!