Last Updated: October 11, 2019
At All Raise, we understand that your privacy is an important part of the trust you place in us. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information in connection with our services. This Privacy Notice is not, however, a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
All Raise: Our mission is to accelerate the success of female funders and founders. We believe that by improving the success of women in the venture-backed tech ecosystem, we can build a more accessible community that reflects the diversity of the world around us. All Raise is headquartered in San Francisco, California. When we use the terms "All Raise", "we", "us", or "our" in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to All Raise, a non-profit organization.
Our Services: When we use the term "services", we are referring to the services that we offer on our own behalf, including our funders and founder programs such as the Founders for Change ("FFC"), and the websites and mobile applications that post or link to this Notice.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or reasonably linked to you.
Our Collection of Personal Information
From the first moment you interact with us, we are collecting personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our services and sometimes we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our services:
- Contact and Account Information. We collect information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, account ID, user ID, photos, and password when you create an account, communicate with us through the services, contact us, sign up to receive our newsletter, apply or participate in one of our programs such as the Bootcamps, Cohorts, VC Champions mentorship program, submit content to or subscribe to VC careers, respond to a survey, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Comments, Suggestion, Chat, Opinions, and Interactions Through the Services. When you contact us directly, e.g. by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or participating in an online chat, we will record your comments and opinions. We will also collect information about how you use the services, your actions on the services, and content you post to the services, including the groups you belong to, comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, commenting on blog posts, and taking part in promotions we run. When you sign up or participate in one of our programs such as Founders for Change, we may also receive information such as company name, founder name, phone, email, photos, videos, social media account information, and other information related to your participation (all collectively, "User Content"). To share photos and video, with your permission, we will access your device camera roll and camera. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the "Settings" app of your device.
Please remember that All Raise may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the services, you consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- Address Book Information. With your permission, we may access your contact list available on your mobile device or your email accounts so that you can locate your contacts on the services or invite your contacts to join our services. We will not use the information contained in your Address Book for any purpose other than to send invitations to your contacts at your request. We do not require that you import your contacts list to the services, and we do not retain the information contained in your contacts list. You understand that by inviting a friend to join our services that you are directly sending the email from your personal accounts. Since this invitation is coming directly from your email, we do not have access to or control this communication.
- Employment Information. When you apply for a job with us, volunteer with us, or participate in some of our programs that provide a talent database or assist our members with executive searches and job opportunities, we may receive information such as current and past employer, job titles, LinkedIn profile, and any other Personal Information you include in documents such as your resume or cover letters.
- Demographic Information. With your consent, we collect information such as your gender, income, marital status, employment status, race, sexual orientation, disability, and political preference when you sign up for our programs, create an account, complete one of our surveys or update your account profile information.
- Photos and Videos. With your permission, we take photos and record videos at All Raise events and programs and share them on our services and All Raise communications.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our online services, including:
- Location Information. We collect information about your location with varying degrees of accuracy through GPS/GNSS, WiFi, Bluetooth Low Energy, wireless network triangulation or other methods in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our services and facilitate your participation in programs and events occurring in your geographic area. We may also approximate your location by your IP Address. In addition, if you opt-in our mobile app collects your GPS location information. If you enable location features, or do not disable GPS on your mobile device, other members of the service may be able to see your location through public features or services available, such as the ability to see other members near you.
We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the services and then delete location data tied to your personal information. We may maintain de-identified and anonymized location data for a longer period of time in order to analyze aggregate trends and metrics.
- Log Files. We record certain information in a log file every time your browser or user-agent requests any information from our server, such as your device's operating system, application software, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, crash reports, browser type and language, peripherals, user log data, and the websites you visited before and after our online services.
Personal Information from Third Parties and Other Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We receive the same categories of Personal Information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Business Partners. Our business partners such as promotional partners, and event and program co-sponsors may collect Personal Information in connection with the services provided and may share some or all of the information with us. For example, we receive Personal Information from our business partners such as event registration information or demographics on program participation.
- Service Providers. Our service providers that perform the service solely on our behalf, such as payment processors and analytics providers. For example, we receive Personal Information from our service providers that facilitate survey activities, conduct marketing or analytics activities, and prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity.
- Social Networks: When you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow or share All Raise content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. We use this information to communicate or interact with you on the social network, to better understand the demographics of our visitors and to personalize content and advertising. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or services.. We may receive information about you from other All Raise companies, businesses, brands and affiliated entities in our family of companies, so that information you provide to one brand may be used by another brand to provide you services or to communicate with you.
- Login Services You Connect to our Service. Some parts of our service may allow you to login through a third party social network or authentication service such as Facebook or LinkedIn. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. The data we receive is dependent on that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. We will use this information to authenticate your All Raise account, to provide you services, to communicate with you, and for advertising and marketing purposes
- Referrals: From time to time, we may offer a referral service that allows you to tell one of your friends or contacts about our services by forwarding certain marketing communications and/or emails or links to an individual you believe may be interested in our programs and services. If we offer such a service, we will use Personal Information collected in connection with these referral services to communicate with the individual you are referring and to provide you any benefits, incentives and/or rewards you may be eligible for as a result of your referral.
- Publicly Available Sources. We collect Personal Information about you that we do not otherwise have, including contact information, employment related information and product interest information, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you directly.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Create, authenticate, and administer your account; deliver our products and services; communicate with you directly about the All Raise programs and services, and about any questions, issues or concerns you or other users have.
- Facilitate our hiring practices or to run talent-based programs, such as Board of Director referrals or executive searches, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct analytics such as website traffic and other measurements to better understand the demographics of our programs; to analyze your experience in connection with our programs and services; and to improve the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, programs, advertising, and customer service.
- Provide you with programs or services that you request or in which you express interest; to improve, market or promote All Raise programs and services; to inform our marketing and advertising campaigns, and customize the advertising and content you see; to conduct surveys; to alert you of upcoming programs and events, updated information and other new programs and services offered by All Raise or our third party partners, and to inform you of career or volunteer opportunities available through the All Raise network.
- Permit you to communicate with others on the services or on social media, or invite others to join our services.
- Develop, create, enhance, improve, optimize, and maintain our services and to inform machine learning algorithms.
- Detect, prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity.
- Enforce and carry out contracts and agreements.
- Comply with legal obligations.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- Within All Raise. We share your information with the All Raise companies, businesses, brands and affiliated entities in our family of companies, so that information you provide to one brand may be used by another brand to provide you services or to communicate with you.
- With Our Volunteers. Through the provision of the services, our volunteers may have access to some of your Personal Information such as your name, email address, and relevant career information. We have a policy of “least access” so that our volunteers only access information that is required in order to perform the services.
- With Venture Firms and Other Partners Seeking Talent. With your permission, we share Personal Information about you, which may include employment history, LinkedIn profile, and resume, to facilitate communication between you and a participating Venture Firm providing a job opportunity in venture.
- Service Providers. We share Personal Information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform functions or services on our behalf and under our instructions to make our services available to you. For example, we may share Personal Information with service providers for auditing, compliance, corporate governance functions, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, conducting surveys, managing events, performing mailing services, and web hosting.
- Social Networks. Some of our services allow you to sign in and associate your social network accounts with us, including, but not limited to, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook accounts. By using this functionality, you give us permission to provide certain information about your activities in connection with our services to the social network. For example, we often share device ID, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click. Please refer to the privacy notices and privacy settings for your social network account to manage the information that is shared through your social network account.
- Advertising Networks. We also share Personal Information with advertising networks, such as search engines and social network advertising providers such as Facebook and Google to serve targeted ads to you or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics, on third party platforms. For more information, including how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please read our Cookie Notice.
- Public Disclosure. Certain features of the service allow you to share certain Personal Information about you publicly through our services, such as your username, first name/initial, last name, hometown, city of residence, occupation, company, sector, stage, fund size, fund check range, social links, and photo as part of your profile and/or to identify you as a user of our service.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of All Raise assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. You will be notified by email and/or a prominent notice on any affected online service of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information as a result of the transaction.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Children’s Personal Information
Our websites and online services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our websites or online services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our websites and online services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. Contact us to opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
474 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA. 94107
All Raise Cookie Notice
Last Updated: October 11, 2019
Unless otherwise expressly stated, capitalized terms in this Notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice.
Scope of Notice
What Are Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer that allow us and our third-party partners and providers to collect certain information about your interactions with our email communications, websites and other online services. We and our third-party partners and providers may also use other, related technologies to collect this information, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”).
Types of Cookies We Use
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of the services such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users move around the Service. This helps us to improve the way the Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The service providers that we use to help us do this may enable us to set cookies on your device in order to collect information about your use of the services. For instance, we may use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the service and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Services and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on the services. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
What We Collect When Using Cookies
Third-party partners and providers may also collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and online services.
How We Use That Information
We use or may use the data collected through cookies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our websites and online services; (b) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our websites and online services; (c) monitor online usage and activities of our websites and online services; (d) diagnose errors and problems with our websites and online services; (e) otherwise plan for and enhance our online services; and (f) facilitate the purposes identified in the Our Use of Personal Information section of our Privacy Notice.
We and our advertising partners also use the information we collect through cookies to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver ads and information, including through social media platforms such as Facebook and Google, about products and services that may be of interest to you, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics.
Please note that we link some of the personal information we collect through cookies with the other personal information that we collect about you and for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice.
Your Choices About Cookies
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online services, as some features and services on our online services may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
To learn more about Facebook’s practices, visit their cookies policy here.
Do Not Track Signals: Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser or mobile application at this time.
Your Choices About Online Ads
We support the self-regulatory principles for online advertising (Principles) published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). This means that we allow you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites for online interest-based advertising purposes. More information about these Principles can be found at www.aboutads.info. If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in the DAA program and perform advertising-related services for us and our partners, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ to place an opt-out cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. Opt-out cookies only work on the internet browser and device they are downloaded onto. If you want to opt out of interest-based advertisements across all your browsers and devices, you will need to opt out on each browser on each device you actively use. If you delete cookies on your device generally, you will need to opt out again.
If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile apps, please follow the instructions at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
We may also use certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences.
Updates to This Cookie Notice
We will update this Cookie Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Cookie Notice, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of this Notice. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Cookie Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
474 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA. 94107